Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Using Online Resources To Better Your Finances And Business, Part 1

The other day I met with a client of ours that does their own bookkeeping and we were reviewing her bookkeeping file and found that the bookkeeping was done quite well.  When she incorporated in mid 2011, she did not know how to do bookkeeping and when we let her know we have the option of bookkeeping in our accounting packages, she hummed and hawed.  After a bit of conversation, she decided that she wanted to try it on her own.  Now just over 6 months later we reviewed her bookkeeping and found that the bookkeeping was done well!  Because most people that don’t know how to do bookkeeping take awhile to catch on, I was surprised that she learned and caught on so fast.  I asked her how she did it, and her answer…”I learned how on You Tube.”  I looked on www.youtube.com and found that there were tons of tutorials on Quickbooks. Wow, it’s true you can learn off Youtube!

I shouldn’t have been surprised as I’ve used You Tube to learn how to do specific things in the music studio.  You Tube can be a great resource, so don’t hesitate to use it.  The key to learning from the internet is to check your source and verify its accuracy.   Search more than one site as you can’t believe everything on every site!  There is truth and lies all over the internet, so go to trusted websites and when you are unsure use google to search and find other websites and what people are saying to confirm it is a trusted site, video, blog etc.

I’ll continue my blog on using online resources to better your finances and business on Thursday.  Please watch out for that.  I will discuss more resources you should know about such as useful blogs on finance and taxes and useful online links for stocks and investing!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!